4/7: Editing Strategies Lesson





Watch the lesson above to review editing strategies. As I've been reading your narratives, all of you have had to go back into your writing and make a few changes. The last step before submitting your work is editing! Be sure you follow these steps:

1. Reread your narrative

2. Notice punctuation: Do I include proper endmarks and commas?

3. Notice dialogue: Do I include quotation marks to show that someone is speaking? Do I describe how the person said what they did? Do I make a new paragraph every time someone new starts talking?

3. Notice structure: Do I separate my ideas into multiple paragraphs? Do I include transition words to help my writing flow? Are my thoughts complete?



Once you have followed these steps, you'll be ready to turn in your assignment!

Comments